Emanzimhlope River is a tributary of the Crocodile River. Emanzimhlope is Swazi for White Waters. White River lies 20 km north of Nelspruit not far from the border with Kruger National Park. A population of around 16000 located in an area of considerable scenic beauty.
Compared to other parts of South Africa, the climate is neither excessively hot in summer when rainfall is at its highest, nor overly cold during the sunny winters. The farms tend to be relatively small but the agriculture is intensive with tropical and citrus fruits in abundance, and vegetables and cut flowers readily available. The farming tradition of the community that settled here after the Anglo-Boer War has remained virtually unchanged to this day. Lord Milner’s (administrator of the defeated Transvaal) attache, Tom Lawrence, demarcated land on the ‘Emanzimhlope’ – after a 26 km canal to channel water from the river was built, the new settlers planted trees and established new cultivation methods. The agriculture involves largely the production of tropical fruits, vegetables, flowers and timber and tobacco, and is one of the most fertile in the province.
White River, with three irrigation dams and a number of nearby forest, is a popular holiday destination for those looking to visit the Crocodile River Valley, the town has a reputation for its arts and crafts. One of the attractions for the Art scene is Casterbridge lifestyle center situated on the outskirts of the city. Once a Mango plantation it now sports a Cinema, art exhibitions in its various art galleries, Theater Plays, Concerts, A vintage Motor Museum and various restaurants.
Accommodation situated on the banks of a lake in White River amid the lush forests and majestic mountains of South Africa’s Mpumalanga province. Here, guests have the opportunity to experience some of the country’s most exquisite scenery. This home away from home has an intimate atmosphere, lending a feeling of understated elegance and comfort which perfectly complements the breath-taking scenic beauty of the environment.
There is also a swimming pool where you can enjoy relaxed dining outdoors, or enjoy our bowling green and floodlit tennis court. This idyllically positioned hotel is also just 35km outside the world-renowned Kruger National Park affording some wonderful game drives also to be considered.
Our White River resort comprises of 34 split level self-catering chalets that can sleep up to six guests each within three well-appointed bedrooms and two bathrooms on separate levels as well as a living area, patio, dining room and kitchen. Patio barbeques are mirrored by cosy indoor fireplaces which are ideal for cooler weather and to set the tone.
Guests can enjoy leisurely dining at any of the excellent local restaurants nearby offering a range of great spots and environments in which to relax and try something new.
The resort also offers tennis and volleyball courts, a gym, a games room, and outdoor pursuits like swimming, hiking and canoeing. For guests who wish to relax and unwind, there is the option of the resort’s Spa Bella Reho. WiFi and a complimentary coffee machine are available in the casual resident’s lounge.
Presenting the perfect blend of stunning Mpumalanga scenery, private self-catering and laid-back holiday atmosphere. This beautiful establishment is situated in the woodlands and overlooking a vast lake, the whole setting for Pine lake Inn exudes peace and tranquillity. An inspirational setting for your conference or incentive programme and fully equipped with all the technical support you may need – this destination offers a lovely token of flexibility for all travellers.
Packages starting from R2650 per person for the time saver traveller
|Total for Tour based on 2 adults sharing on bed & breakfast basis||
The Eminent Emanzimhlope 2 night Escape includes:
- A simplified trip for the more adventurous – we deliver a rental car to the licenced driver for your own flexibility travelling to White River and in which to explore the wonderful stops on route
- Toyota Corolla Quest or similar-Premium cover
- 3 days car hire on Premium Cover with GPS
- Timing and logistics are travellers responsibility
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a standard room on bed & breakfast basis
The Eminent Emanzimhlope 2 night Escape Package excludes;
- Beverages throughout your stay to please be settled on departure.
- Additional meals not specified in the inclusions above.
- Chimpanzee Eden, R1,750.00 per person sharing
- Cultural Village, R1,800.00 per person sharing
Please liaise with an African Chapter consultant should you wish to tailor your stay and we can make the necessary reservations before your arrival and ensure your relaxation is not interrupted whilst in our care.
Terms & Conditions
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received.
- Any no shows will be charged for in full.