365 days a year destination – 9 months of warm summer, 3 months of perfect winter
120km of stunning beaches from Umkomaas near Scottburgh only 45 minutes south of Durban to Port Edward and the Wild Coast Sun in the Eastern Cape
7 internationally recognised Blue Flag Beaches– the most number of Blue Flag beaches permanently manned in Africa.
Hinterland offerings – breathtaking gorges, forests, farming scenes – including the Oribi Gorge and Weza Ingeli Forests past Harding
11 awesome Golf courses
Home to one of SA’s top and most scenic raceways – the Dezzi South Coast Raceway
Host to National and international MTB series, Trail running, Enduro, Netball, Rugby, Bowling and Fishing. Eg’s of events: Expedition Africa, SA Women’s Golf, SA Schools Netball, Alfie Cox Invitational’s, GP, Motorsport and Drifting series, beach events and competitions – over 270 events throughout the year
The greatest shoal on earth – The Sardine Season – 700 000 000 sardines can visit the shores between June and July each year
Home to 2 of the top 10 shark dive sites in the world – Aliwal Shoal and Protea Banks
The longest (and fastest) zipline in Southern Africa
The highest gorge swing in Africa
The smallest desert in the world
The longest water tubes in Southern Africa
The lowest coffee estate in the Southern hemisphere
Wedding and honeymooners delight
Ideal Conference and corporate think tank getaway venues
Cultural emergence with a difference
Game reserve plus 9 nature reserves
Daily direct flights from OR Tambo, Johannesburg – 90 minute flight plus many private helipads
Over 300 Guest houses, B&B’s and Self-Catering and other tourism & hospitality establishments, 30 hotels, resorts and lodges, 24 Caravan Parks and 44 conference venues, 65 restaurants and 4 contemporary shopping centres to mention only a few
Pack your bags and head to departure terminal at O.R. Tambo Airport for your daily 90 min flight to the South Coast on a very convenient connection where the small airport simplifies your duties at the car rental office for your self-drive exploration of the South Coast while suitably removed from the chaos the beach can become and nestled inland with a fabulous space for children to enjoy! A lovely 6h50 min drive from Johannesburg to the property makes it a great road trip for those keen on such a journey also.
A two night sensation nestled below the immense mountain range nearby the town of Kokstad in KwaZulu-Natal and is only one hour inland from Port Shepstone and two and a half hours from Durban making this location ideal for any family break or simple year end treat.
Surrounded by breath-taking indigenous forests, this is the perfect place for you to unwind at your own pace. Ensuring you take a break from the busy city and enjoy the combination of country living and comfortable accommodations. Be indulged with fine food, outdoor activities in natural surroundings, and complete relaxation. Set within a truly spectacular section of indigenous forest the unique establishment is the perfect base from which to undertake some extraordinary MTB exploration along with a mix of well-marked trails catering for just about every level of rider.
The trails weave through beautiful plantations, private farms and indigenous forest, and most of the exhilarating single-track has been custom-built by Hylton Turvey. The longer trails ascending the flanks of the Mountain will certainly test your legs (and the descents through forested areas your nerves). The trails are designed to pass through the most scenic parts of the landscape, leading you past waterfalls, streams and amazing viewpoints. For those preffering activities off the bike we include: tennis, swimming, hiking (many trails of various distances, starting just below the lodge), bird-watching (many birding specials including the Narina Trogan and Cape Parrot can be spotted in the indigenous forest. There is also a Blue Swallow sanctuary nearby, darts and pool for the less active. And of course the South Coast beaches are only an hour away.
A variety of rooms types are available to suite families, government and corporate clients.
All rooms can be split into sharing rooms to comfortably accommodate larger groups.
Packages starting from R1,959.00 per person
|Total Cost based on 2 adults sharing on bed & breakfast basis||
The Forest & Freedom Package Includes:
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a comfort room.
- Breakfast daily
- Toyota Corolla Quest or similar-Premium cover with GPS
- Pick up and Drop off Point car hire: R. Tambo International Airport
The Forest and Freedom Package Excludes:
- Beverages throughout your stay to be settled on departures please.
- Additional meals not specified above. please do liase with an African Chapter consultant should you wish to cater your stay and we can make the necessary reservations before your arrival.
- MTB Bike hire R278.00 3hours and R389.00 full day.
- Mini Golf Adult R45.00 kids under 12 R23.00
- Dinner Buffet, R210.00 per person
- Upgrade your accommodation to stay in a
- Deluxe room for R775.00 per person sharing per night on bed & breakfast basis.
Rates valid until 31 December 2017
Terms & Conditions
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received. Any no shows will be charged for in full.