An awesome Family Experience, Team Building Experience or just Learn about different cultures!
Located in the heart of the African bushveld amidst the rocky hills within the Cradle of Humankind, a World Heritage Site. The Gauteng Cultural Village Experience offers the choice between two unique day tours. Here guests can share the excitement and warmth of the continents culture. We explore the variety of tribal communities residing in Africa, each with their own traditions and community flare embracing their own ways and willing to share with you as you view into the world of holistic living from ancient regulations, rules and rulings.
The Morning programme commences at 11h15, and the late Afternoon programme at 16h15, both offering a boma experience. All commencing with arrival in our access controlled car park to a vibrant traditional African sing and dance welcome – complete with a refreshing welcome drink sure to soothe from the parched journey and so to start an incredible authentic African introduction;
Your experience continues
- Browse through our village and craft market where traditional Ndebele murals decorate the walls and courtyard as a precursor to our experience about to unfold.
- Attend a multi-visual theatre presentation on the history and origin of our people;
- Guests are divided into smaller groups and taken on a Guided Tour of our Five Homesteads depicting the lives of the Zulu, Xhosa, Basotho, Ndebele and Pedi tribes respectively.
- After a few drinks in the bar we move onto the Traditional Dance Boma for The Giant Ingoma – song and dance of all five villages. The dance culminates in communal dancing with the guests around the fire.
- A Pan African Feast Lunch / Dinner is served in the Nyama Choma Restaurant with delicacies from North, East and South Africa to ensure the true African introduction has been made.
Gauteng Cultural Village from R610 per adult
* Children under 6yrs – Free
* Children 7-12 yrs old – Half Price
Prices Valid until end 2019
Your Gauteng Cultural Village Day Experience Excludes:
- Transport to and from the facility can be arranged as an additional fee please relay your requirements to your consultant at time of booking.
- Gratuities and Items of a personal nature are not included.
- Drinks are for your own expense
- Items of person nature
- Overnight stays can be arranged in traditional homesteads, with the luxuries of today’s comforts, Contact us for more info.