Pick up & Drop off with Full Day Flexibility on a “go as you please” basis! You want freedom to stop where you want but without the hassle of dealing with the traffic OR maybe youre just interested to learn more, we offer a range of solutions. African Chapter have designed a friendly convenience service for your next visit to Gauteng.
HARTIES HIGHLIGHTS of a town named Hartebeesport is a South African resort town north of Johannesburg situated in the North West Province on route to the popular Sun City Complex for many a Gauteng resident. It’s known for the Hartebeesport Dam, boasting a unique shape and immense wall holding a capacity of 205 million cubic meters of water. The whitewater rapids of the Crocodile River further affording their own host of water activities and some impressive aerial establishments to further facilitate the space required for the fast paced Gauteng visitors.
Both are visible from the Hartebeesport Cable Car, which ascends to the top of the Magaliesberg mountains. Outside of town, Miracle Waters is a spring-water dive site in a former chrome mine frequented by many divers qualifying in the highveld with their freshwater experiences. The historical aspects around the dams construction are a further highlight shared by the guide on your private excursion today.
Once you’re satisfied with your morning departure we’d suggest you head out early enough to get into Fourways and the greater Sandton area just after the morning rush. Watch as the world of tranquility bustles and bursts into the magical city of Johannesburg before arriving at the impressive Montecasino compled designed from over 6 000 drawings, so creating an authentic representation of a Tuscan village.
MONTE CASINO is an unlikely location for one of Gauteng’s best casinos with what appears to be a weathered open air Italian village, is a deceptively modern family entertainment complex − over two kilometres of cobbled walkways and three-storey buildings all covered by a massive roof.
At 8500m2, this Johannesburg casino’s gaming area is huge. Accessible from three entrances, it is open 24 hours a day. The main casino is non-smoking, but additional smoking casinos are open to those contents to see more than their winnings go up in smoke.
Slots are perennially popular at Montecasino and there are over 100 progressive jackpots on which to stake your riches, including a slots tournament every Sunday. Risk your fortune when you play Jaws, an action-packed video slot game, based on the infamous shark attack movie − just when you thought it was safe to go back on the casino floor…
Montecasino features over 78 gaming tables including American Roulette, Baccarat, Poker, Craps (dice) and Blackjack. Regular poker tournaments keep the stakes high, or give novelty games like Wheel of Fortune and Life of Luxury a whirl. You never know when it will be your lucky day.
Regular promotions, competitions, and tournaments hosted by the casino will tempt even those who don’t believe in luck to place a bet or two, and if you’re in need of somewhere to spend your winnings (or drown your sorrows), there’s a plethora of surrounding shops, restaurants, and bars that won’t disappoint.
Once you’ve had your fill of the Italian spaces and themes head onto the wonderful world of Sandton, almost guaranteeing you’ll pass by our impressive Gautrain and magical skyscrapers taking you to a fantastic place of pure African City. The worlds top brands and people have been seen here and it definitely offers its own historical element your guide is able to share with you along your journey.
SANDTON CITY is a shopping centre in Sandston, Johannesburg, South Africa. It was founded and owned by the property development company Rapp and Moister. Built as a twenty-one storey concrete block shopping centre that opened in late 1973. This is the best place to shop for brands and oppulance.
Did you know that…
- extensive ruins of an Iron Age smelting and forging site were found in the north Sandton suburb of Lone Hill
- the patterns on pottery fragments at Lone Hill suggest that the area was inhabited by Sotho and Tswana-speaking people, between 300 and 400 years ago
- Sandton is a short drive from the richest gold field ever discovered, in the Witwatersrand Basin; it’s estimated that up to 40 percent of the world’s gold originated there
- 33 years before gold was found in the Witwatersrand, it was found in Sandton! – in 1853, prospector Pieter Jacobus Marais panned for and found gold in the Braamfontein Spruit, the river now crossed by the William Nicol Bridge
- the name Sandton resulted from combining the names of two suburbs, Sandown and Bryanston.
A few fun facts about Sandton today…
- the 12-storey Sandton Convention Centre is one of the largest in Africa
- Sandton is also home to one of Africa’s largest shopping malls – Sandton City boasts close on 300 shops, with a whopping 128 000 m2 of retail space
- apparently Sandton City was nearly named the Knoppieslaagte City Shopping Centre
- the bronze statue of Mandela in Sandton’s Nelson Mandela Square weighs 2.5 tonnes
- among the guests who’ve stayed at Sandton’s Michelangelo Hotel are US president Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Mariah Carey, Gayle King, J. Cole, Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Justin Bieber
- among the companies that have head offices in Sandton are IBM, Sasol, Massmart, Nedbank, Investec and Ster-Kinekor.
Mall of Africa is another wonderful addition to a shopping experience. Please communicate your interests to your consultant at time of booking so we may best assist with a schedule and suggestions to incorporate to ensure you receive a great experience of standard and satisfaction.
7 seater with English speaking driver-guide with no entrance arrangements
|Total for Tour based on 2 adults sharing (R2065 pp)||
Terms & Conditions
- This Quote is only valid from May until 31 October 2017.
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Please visit our website africanchapter.co.za for more information regarding our operation
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Full pre-payment is required to facilitate confirmation vouchers and documentation
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received. Any no shows will be charged for in full.