2 of you? or a bunch of friends? Need some Team Building Fun for work?
Join us in the sky travelling between a gorge attached only by a cable, using your hand as a brake and your weight as an accelerator, lets play!
Canopy Tours originated in the lush Rainforests of Costa Rica, where adventurous Biologists erected a system of cables through the Canopy Layer of the Forest in order to observe the fauna and flora in that previously inaccessible region. The Magaliesberg canopy tour is the third of its kind in South Africa, alongside the Tsitsikamma Canopy just outside Plettenberg Bay and the Karkloof Canopy outside Howick in the KwaZulu Natal Midlands all possible excursions with African Chapter tours.
The Magaliesberg Canopy is a unique eco-adventure, a mere 1½ hours’ drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria. The activity takes adventure seekers on a 2½ hour tour down the spectacular Ysterhout Kloof, set in the ancient Magaliesberg Mountains which are 2,400 million years old, one of the oldest mountain ranges in the World. The Magaliesberg canopy excursion provides an unforgettable eco-experience amongst the plants and animals of this ancient range.
If you’re aged between seven and seventy and looking for something different, this is the experience you’ve been looking for. It’s fun, it’s safe and will be the talking point at your breakfast table for weeks to come. The Magaliesberg canopy is ideal for the individual thrill seeker, family getaways, group or student excursions and Corporate Team Builds.
Your Magaliesberg Canopy Adventure Price Per Person: R 650-00*
* Tour Parties are restricted to a maximum of 8 people per departure. 1st Group 8 / then 2nd group 8 and so on.
Your Magaliesberg Canopy Tour Itinerary :
- Departure Times: Every 45 minutes from 07h00 to 16h30 in Summer and 08h00 to 15h30 in Winter.
- Meet at the Offices – map supplied on proof of payment for your tour
- Safety Briefing on do’s and don’ts during the excursion
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions throughout your adventure
- You will be kitted out with a harness, safety helmet and sliding glove ahead of your adventure
- The group will then be transported up the Mountain, a distance of 2km to the first platform, where your unforgettable, adventure begins!!
- There are a total of 11 platforms built against the cliffs and rock faces of the Kloof. (The system has been designed and constructed by a Civil Engineer to rest your mind at ease this is a perfectly safe adventure)
- These platforms are joined by long steel cables (up to 140m long and in some places up to 30m above the stream below) which you slide along to reach the next platform.
- Much like a “foefie” slide, the canopy adventure essentially involves zigzagging down the Kloof while stopping at each platform to ad
- mire the expansive views and surrounding ecology
- Two trained guides facilitate and assure the safety of each participant while describing interesting facts about the indigenous plants, bird life, ecology and geology of the area
- Once you are back at the Magaliesberg Offices, you can place your lunch order at the Restaurant and Bar adjacent to the Office before freshening up.
- After Lunch, you are welcome to stay and make use of some of the impressive facilities available at the Hotel and Spa. (Bookings at the Spa itself, are essential!)
- All canopy trail guests may make use of the large Hotel swimming pool after their tours.
- You can also have a drink at the Bar before departing for the day.
Your Magaliesberg Canopy Adventure Includes:
- All Equipment
- Transport to and from the site from the hotel meeting point
- The canopy trail adventure
- Refreshment while on your aerial excursion
- Light Lunch at the Restaurant and Bar
- Freshen Up Facilities
- Use of the Hotel Swimming Pool
Your Magaliesberg Canopy Adventure Excludes:
- Additional Activities
- All beverages whilst on the ground
- Additional Meals other than voucher value
- Items of a personal nature
Terms and Conditions:
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of Booking and any further Rate adjustments due to Exchange Rate Fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for Public and Passenger Liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and Omissions Excluded
- Cancellation Policies apply.