- A 4.5 hour drive from Johannesburg and 3.5 hours from the coastal city of Durban.
- A Big 5 Game Reserve in KwaZulu Natal – Malaria Free i.e. no need for malaria medication
- Family friendly
This lodge epitomises the perfect safari experience with beautifully appointed tented suites, service excellence, superb cuisine and prolific wildlife – ensuring an unforgettable experience.
Nestled in the heart of the KwaZulu-Natal battlefields, the lodge offers guests a chance to unwind in a picture-perfect setting. Well positioned on the main route between Johannesburg and Durban. The breath-taking mountains of the central Drakensberg lie a mere one-and-a-half hours away.
This is a perfect spot for either your intended destination, a base from which to explore the surrounding countryside or a stop-over while touring the country, you are assured an exceptional experience – the lodge has achieved an AA Superior Accommodation Accreditation for the past nine years.
The lodge is situated in the Nambiti Private Game Reserve, a conservancy offering 20 000 acres of pristine, malaria-free bushveld. The reserve is home to the Big Five, as well as cheetah, hippo and over 30 species of plains game. Nature lovers will enjoy the area’s biodiversity, with Thornveld and majestic Acacia trees complementing extensive grasslands which mirror the plains of Central Africa.
The abundant natural water system, with perennial rivers and the beautiful waterfall and cascades on the Sundays River, makes for a unique sanctuary, attracting several rare bird species and an enviable array of raptors and vultures. Feast your senses on the magnificent sights, sounds and smells of this untouched African bush. With every dawn, renew your bond with nature as you embark on a safari with your experienced and knowledgeable field guide.
Luxury Tented Accommodation in a Big 5 Private Game Reserve
Their standard luxury tents and family unit tents, they are air conditioned in the warm summer months and heated in the chilly winter ones with electric blankets keeping guests extra snug.
Each of the elevated luxury en suite tents have their own viewing deck with chairs for your comfort, a king-size bed (all tents also available as twin beds), a hospitality tray, complimentary sherry, safety deposit box and a hairdryer. The family units have a king bed plus two extra single beds in one open plan bedroom.
Game drives (approximately 3 hours long, depending on sightings and weather)
Head off on an open, game-viewing vehicle at daybreak or early afternoon. A personal guide will ensure that you get the most out of the experience, enjoying the abundance of wildlife and unspoiled African vistas. You will stop to be given a chance to stretch your legs and wonder at the sounds and silences of the bush, while drinking in majestic sunrises or sunsets. The memory of sipping an Amarula coffee or sundowner in such humbling surroundings is one that will stay with you forever.
Boma dinners (by arrangement and always weather permitting)
On fine summer and balmy winter nights, guests can arrange to dine around a crackling fire in the boma, an experience which is sure to be a highlight of your stay.
Bush breakfasts (by arrangement and always weather permitting)
Fly fishing (seasonal – usually in our Summer months)
Zulu dancing (by prior arrangement and at an additional cost)
Battlefield tours (by arrangement and at an additional cost)
Leisurely drives towards the majestic Drakensberg, with superb sightseeing and curio shopping (self drive). There are a number Golf Courses nearby and Battle Fields to explore. Zipline adventures too. (enquiry with us if you would like to add these extra activities too)
This superb Lodge and offers a Value-For-Money getaway
for those planning a Family getaway, a Leisure getaway
R2 320.00 per adult sharing per night
R1 415.00 per child per night (03-11 years of age)
Valid 11 Jan 2019 – 27 September 2019
Excluding Easter Weekend a surcharge is applicable over this time
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Light Lunch (sometimes a la carte and sometimes buffet) – depends on the occupancy on the day
- 3 Hour Afternoon Game Drive
- Dinner (alternating between 3 course set menu’s and buffet style boma dinners)
- Luxury Tented Accommodation
- 3 Hour Morning Game Drive
- Breakfast (sometimes a la carte and sometimes buffet) – depends on our occupancy on the day
- Tea’s, Coffee, homemade Biscuits & Rusks from the Tea Station
- ALL BAR SERVICE (all and any beverages from the bar and those consumed on game drive/s)
- Nambiti Rhino Conversation Levy – currently R 50.00pppn (increase due in March 2019) – the levy is paid by the guests at the lodge on check out.
- Guided Walks (3-4 hours with armed professional guide – regret no children under age 16 yrs permitted on these walks) & advanced booking required
- Fishing (seasonal & catch and release system)
- Zulu Dancing (advanced booking required)
- Gratuities – Porterage if applicable, Lodge Staff Gratuities and Ranger Gratuities
- Airport & Road Transfers (if requested – quotes can be sourced)
CHILDREN POLICY- T’s and C’s
- This lodge is a very child friendly lodge – children of all ages are welcome.
- Children under age 2 are not permitted to go on any game drives – a baby-siting service is available (by prior arrangement) at the lodge.
- The baby-sitting fee is not included in the lodge rates.
- Camp Cots / Travel cots (including linen – not pillows) and high chairs (for meal times) are available for guests with little ones to use at no additional charge.
- Guests should be advised that the swimming pool area is NOT fenced.
- We also have a custom built kiddies jungle gym located near the lodge – including slide, swings, cargo net and sand pit.
If you have an enquire out of this period, please advise and we will quote you on the relevant season.
ASK US ABOUT THE SPECIAL
Our 3 NIGHT SPECIAL remains very popular – guests receive 50% off on the 3rd night only.*
This special is available throughout the year but is NOT valid over South African public holiday long weekends i.e. where a Thursday, Friday, Monday or Tuesday are included in the 3 night stay and where the 3 nights include Easter, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays.
We will always quote this 3 night special for 3 night stay enquiries received – assuring your guests of the best deal possible
What to pack
- DURING OUR SUMMER MONTHS – (APPROX. mid October through to mid April) Please be advised that temperatures can reach 40°c+ in the height of summer. Sunscreen, Sun Hat, Costume, Bino’s, Jacket, Fishing Rod, Raincoat & Comfortable, Flat Walking & Wet Weather Shoes
- DURING OUR WINTER MONTHS – (APPROX. mid April through to mid October) Please be advised that temperatures can drop to below zero overnight (our tents are equipped with electric blankets and heating unit. Average maximum daily temperature ranges between 12°c to 25°c and can go as low as -4°c overnight. Remember: Warm fleece-lined Windbreaker/Coat, Leggings, Beanie, Scarf & Gloves, Bino’s & Comfortable Walking Shoes
Terms and Conditions:
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of Booking and any further Rate adjustments due to Exchange Rate Fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for Public and Passenger Liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and Omissions Excluded
- Cancellation Policies apply.
- No booking has been made unless a 50% deposit has been acknowledged from our office.
- Maps and details specific to your product choice will be revealed upon full payment of your booking.