The love team have been nurturing our new Rustenburg Lake Reserve and we can attest to their passionate dedication around the work they do. 8km of pristine water frontage on 3500 hectares of nature reserve, we are uniquely situated to offer unforgettable experiences in your backyard.
The reserve can accommodate a total of 50 guests in comfortable chalets plus an additional two luxury self-catering villa’s which can accommodate 8 and 10 guests respectively. Conference facilities are available for up to 60 delegates and teambuilding options are endless with the variety of fantastic activities available within the reserve, leaving you submersed in the joys of the bushveld for an entire weekend.
Enjoy abundant wildlife and extraordinary bird watching (over 400 species) on the lake reserve where we invite you to come and explore the possibilities with us. Canoeing, segways safaris, fishing, barge cruises, game drives, guided bush walks or simply relaxation in our beautiful rock pool. Let us tempt you with a selection of superb home-made cuisine which you can enjoy under the stars next to a roaring fire, or in one of our cool thatched dining areas.
All this just 90 minutes from Johannesburg and 30 minutes from Sun City.
Our array of adventurous aspects are sure to get all ages of the family entertained this year!
- Segways game safari ; Ditch the old days with our new outdoor Segway’s that will take you through our majestic wildlife with a touch of 21st century technology
- Elusive birdlife watching with our rangers & see if you can spot the elusive Finfoot among over 400 species on our reserve.
- Barge Cruises ; Cruising each day through some of South Africa’s finest scenery, makes our barge cruise a truly unique experience
- Canoe trips South Africa is blessed with fantastic rivers, beautiful scenery, and a climate made for the outdoors enthusiast, so if you’re looking for action of the paddling variety, you’re in for a treat.
- Game Drives Become part of Africa as you experience our great abundance of wildlife, birds and the great African bush as the sun goes down on our daily game drives
- Guided Bush walksGet closer than ever before to the true beauty of the Africa bush with our guided bush walks that give you qan up close look at the beauty that Africa holds
- Mountain biking Bring along you bike and enjoy our trails which will accommodate any skill level from beginner to the more advanced rides
- Clay shooting; Of the true adrenaline junkie out there clay pigeon shooting ia a way for you to wind down a relax while shooting all the stress of the city away.
- FishingMake sure not to forget all your gear so that you may take advantage of our amazing offering on the lake
- “Archery” non hunting (coming soon) Our introduction to the art of archery. Standard bows, which are fairly easy to master. This is a fun activity for the whole family
- Games roomOffering various leisure time activities from snooker to darts
- For GROUPS LARGER THAN 25 PERSONS THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL FEE DEPENDANT ON GROUP SIZE AND REQUIREMENT;
- Stargazing An unforgettable voyage of the southern hemisphere night sky – pointing out the stars, constellation and other objects in the sky with powerful portable telescopes operated on site
- Minute to win it ; based on the TV show requires off site administration
- Laser Games ; a safe, realistic, structured hi-tech combat team game
- “Casino” Games ; A fun filled evening of gambling! Real chips are used to create this evening of fun and laughter. No money involved! included on request
- Cocktail Challenge ;are you the next best barman ? Put your mixology skills to the test to see which team can create the best cocktails
- Scavenger hunt ; have a try at our scavenger hunt where teams will have to work together to find all the hidden objects throughout the reserve
- Potjiekos Competition ; the true foodies of the group or the fast food take away form down the road ? Put your pot skills to the test with our potjiekos competition
- Creative thinking ; an activity of a series of problem solving activities that will give your team a new perspective and promote creative thinking
- Fire Walking adds impact to team building; is portable and can be run virtually anywhere without risk to participants or the venue
- An Amazing Race is a fun, fast paced team event, where through a series of tasks and discoveries, teams are ultimately aiming to be the first at the finish line
- Survival of the fittest ; lost in a jungle. How far will you go to survive? This will be a test for your team’s knowledge, persistence and creativity
- Fear Factor ; based on the TV show and includes 3 sub activities ranging from bush banquets, to fire walking and abseiling
- Bridge building ; team members are faced with the challenge of building a bridge using only cardboard and duct tape that will support the weight of your entire group or a golf cart driven over it
- KaraokeTeams ; divided into groups where they will compete to be the next idol
- Murder Dinner & Casino ; combine an evening of murder and mayhem with a battle for money, for one of the best functions of your life! Don’t worry, not real money!
- Mystery Dinner ; everyone is a suspect when murder is on the menu; serve up murder, mystery and fun for corporate and social group
- Orienteering ; navigate your way through a set of instructions with only a compass and a map.
- Interactive drumming ; learn synergy the African way. Learn to play a variety of beats and then put it all together in an amazing ensemble
- Creative building ; be a child again. By using building blocks you and your team need to build certain objects
- Overnight: Rustenburg Lake Reserve – 3 nights’ accommodation
Your North West Couples Package Includes:
- Accommodation in chalet style en-suite units
- Dinner Bed and Breakfast Basis
- Private Picnic Dinner
- Turn down with rose in bed and bath
- Surprise room drop with slippers, sparkling wine & chocolates
Your North West Couples Package Excludes:
- Lunches not included – please advise should you require a fully inclusive package
- Beverages & refreshments not mentioned in the package inclusions
- Transport to and from the Rustenburg Reserve, please note it is not suitable for sports cars and 2×4 or 4×4 with a decent ground clearance vehicle is advised. Please let us quote you should you require such service.
Total for Package – based on 2 adults: ZAR 8,100.00
Terms & Conditions:
- This Quote is only valid for 24 Hours.
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received. Any no shows will be charged for in full.
- No booking has been made unless a 50% deposit has been acknowledged from our office.
- Maps and details specific to your product choice will be revealed upon full payment of your booking.