One of the highlights on the renowned KwaZulu-Natal ‘Battlefields Route’, uniquely placed and almost on the battlefield itself, each of the 12 en-suite bedrooms, overlooks the distinctive Isandlwana Rock (Hill), where the famous battle between the British and the 24 000 strong Zulu army took place on 22 January 1879.
Built to look as if growing out of the Nyoni rockface, Isandlwana Lodge captures all the drama and texture of the area’s rich history, whilst offering total relaxation, comfort and luxury for guests. With sweeping panoramac views of the rural Zululand plains and the famous battlefield site, patrons have a birds-eye view from every vantage point in the lodge…the same view that the Zulu commander Ntshingwaya saw from the cliffs above, on that historic day in 1879.
Idyllic year-round temperatures, total relaxation, combined with your own measure of activity and culture, are yours at Isandlwana Lodge. Each bedroom, carved into the escarpment, has a private balcony and the same magnificent outlook as the main level of the Lodge above.
For Groups and Families needing something a little bigger, with self-catering facilities, the 3-bedroom Guesthouse can accommodate up to six people. Space permitting and if booked in advance, meals can be taken at the Lodge.
African Chapter have provided a wonderfully hearty hill escape to the battlefields for an unique history lesson set in some of the worlds’ most wonderful hills. For as little as R4683 per person – set off for an adventure and sheer blissful natural wonders.
|Total for Tour based on 2 adults sharing||
The Hill Special Includes;
- 2 nights’ accommodation in en-suite room
- Dinner, Bed and Breakfast daily
- Lunch Buffet served daily
The Hill Special Excludes:
- Beverages throughout your stay to be settled on check out please
- Additional meals not specified above.
- Transport to and from the lodge – please advise should you require such services.
- Activities at the lodge as indicated below, please advise at time of booking of any additional extra services required.
|Tour of Isandlwana||
|Tour of Rorke’s Drift||
|Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift||
|Zulu Village Tour||
This Quote is only valid till 30 April 2017.
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received. Any no shows will be charged for in full.