This 1 600-kilometre meander from Capital to Mother City is a perfect illustration of South Africa as a world in one country.
Highlights of the north- and southbound routes include a visit to the historic village of Matjiesfontein; this authentic perfectly preserved Victorian Village – founded by Mr Logan as a refreshment stop in 1890 – also boasts an impressive museum on the platform.
Travelling across the grasslands of the gold-rich Highveld to the haunting barrenness of the Great Karoo; trundle through the spectacular mountain ranges and scenic winelands of the Cape. Journeys’ end is Cape Town, the Mother City of South Africa, cradled by the imposing bulk of Table Mountain, Devil’s Peak and Lion’s Head her grandeur will intrigue even the least natural loving.
Another stop is made in Kimberley providing an opportunity to enjoy a city tour and a visit to the Diamond Mine Museum and the world’s largest man-made excavation, the infamous Big Hole.
The perfect afternoon tea is served in the lounge and observation cars for the ideal time to familiarise yourself with the other guests joining your incredible journey on the pride of africa and the worlds luxurious train. Orientation on the moving carriages can be quite the experience and with the sumption dining consistently thrilling the tastebuds you’re sure to pack on a few kilos as you journey through the countrysides splendour.
Overnight on board the train is not just a simple affair with the various cabins namely the pullman, deluxe and royal suites offering a variety of styles and configurations to best suit the requests and requirements of the travellers on board.
Making our way through the karoo and towns of Worcester with its own wonderful attractions amongst experiencing the Big 5, exploring the 154ha display of fauna and flora from the arid winter rainfall regions of Southern Africa in the Karoo Desert National Botanical Gardens (accessible to the physically challenged) or feel a touch of history at Worcester Museum – the only living display museum, depicting early agricultural practices between the early 1800’s and mid -1940’s.
All year round activities show visitors how the pioneers used to live. A magical ambience awaits the fine art lover at The Hugo Naudé House and Jean Weltz Art Gallery. KWV House of Brandy hides the biggest copper distill kettles of its kind and the product is also tasty. Then last, but not least is the taste that lingers longer… the 11 cellars and 3 olive estates on the Worcester Wine & Olive Route are renowned for our bottomless cup of hospitality , all year round – come and experience it before arriving in the Mother City in sheer luxury!
On Arrival at Platform 24, your group will be met and privately transferred to Cape Town Airport for your flight back to Johannesburg or perhaps you’d like to discuss a few night on in the Mother city with our consultants.
- The journey from Pretoria to Cape Town departs on Fridays & Wednesdays.
- The Journey from Cape Town to Pretoria departs on Mondays / Wednesdays / Saturdays
|Total Cost – PER PERSON – BASED ON 2 ADULTS (1 Pullman Suite)||
Rates Valid from the 6th April 2018 – 30 September 2018
South : Pretoria to Cape Town
|Day 1||Pretoria||D: 15h00||April 2018||6, 13, 20, 27|
|Day 2||Kimberly||A: 10h00||D: 12h30||May 2018||4, 11, 18, 25|
|Day 3||Matjiesfontein||A: 08h15||D: 10h30||June 2018||1, 8, 15, 22, 27, 29|
|Cape Town||A: 18h00||July 2018||6, 13, 20, 27|
|Aug 2018||10, 15, 17, 24, 29, 31|
|Sep 2018||7, 12, 14, 21, 26, 28|
Your Luxurious Train PTA – CPT Package Includes:
- Accommodation in a Pullman suite on board the luxurious train of the world
(upgrades available at a surcharge to Deluxe and Royal Suites)
- All Meals throughout your journey
- One-way flight CPT to JNB (or vice versa)
- All alcoholic and other beverages whilst on the train
- 24-hour full room service and limited laundry while on board the train
- As well as excursions accompanied by a qualified tour guide (where applicable) and government tax if applicable
Your Luxurious Train PTA – CPT Package Excludes:
- Staff gratuities throughout the journey
- Transfers to/from Train Stations in Pretoria / Cape Town
- French Champagne available in certain settings and on board
- Off-train beverages purchased whilst on excursions
- Any surcharges on Airline taxes
OTHER RAIL ROUTES OF INTEREST
DURBAN to VICTORIA FALLS including Fairmont Zimbali, Fire & Ice and Victoria Falls Hotel – 11 days
Embark on this 11-day adventure with a two-night stay at the Fairmont Zimbali, one of South Africa’s premier resorts on KwaZulu-Natal’s Dolphin Coast. Board the Pride of Africa on our Durban Safari to Pretoria for two nights. Arrive at Rovos Rail for an introduction to our beautifully appointed private station before spending the night at your hotel. Spend the following three nights on board the train on the Victoria Falls Journey. Arrive at the incomparable Victoria Falls on the mighty Zambezi River and enjoy a two-night stay at the colonial-style Victoria Falls Hotel. Please note that depending upon railway capacity this journey could be routed northwards through Botswana.
CAPE TOWN and DURBAN SAFARI – 7 days
This seven-day journey begins in Cape Town and ends in Durban. Travel on our Cape Town Journey to Pretoria through the spectacular mountain ranges and scenic winelands of the Cape to the haunting barrenness of the Great Karoo and the goldfields of the Witwatersrand. Arrive in Pretoria and transfer to your hotel for the night. Enjoy the day at leisure or tour the city, Soweto, Johannesburg, Constitution Hill and the Apartheid Museum. The train departs the following morning on the Durban Safari for two nights with visits to a Big Five bush retreat, an 11 000-acre nature reserve and a charming and influential ceramics gallery before travelling the Valley of a Thousand Hills to Durban. Available in reverse. These journeys can also be combined with own arrangements in Pretoria. See the itinerary and downloads below for more details.
PRETORIA and VICTORIA FALLS including The Elephant Camp – 6 days
This five-night adventure begins in Pretoria with the train travelling northwards across the Tropic of Capricorn through Zimbabwe’s Hwange National Park. Here a game-drive excursion is enjoyed with the sojourn ending at the incomparable Victoria Falls on the mighty Zambezi River. Transfer to The Elephant Camp – set against a backdrop of indigenous teak woodland nestled on a ridge between the Masuwe River and the Zambezi gorges – for a two-night stay including accommodation, meals, local brand drinks and a game drive per day. Available in reverse. Please note that depending upon railway capacity this journey could be routed northwards through Botswana.
Terms & Conditions
- All rates are subject to final availability at the time of booking and any further rate adjustments due to exchange rate fluctuations, annual increases and other uncontrollable circumstances.
- African Chapter Tours are insured for public and passenger liabilities in incidences where this might be applicable.
- African Chapter Tours abide to an environmentally conscious programme for the development of conservation in all aspects of tourism which this package includes.
- Please visit our website www.africanchapter.co.za for more information regarding our operation
- Errors and omissions excluded
- Cancellation policies apply once written confirmation of acceptance is received. Any no shows will be charged for in full.
- No booking has been made unless a 50% deposit has been acknowledged from our office.
- Maps and details specific to your product choice will be revealed upon full payment of your booking.